Well-Being Benefits of Pro-Bono Work
Pro bono work is not only good for a lawyer's client and community, it also supports lawyer well-being. Here is just a sample of the positive benefits pro bono work can bring:
- Decreases blood pressure and lowers risk of heart disease (a recent study from the University of Exeter showed that volunteers had a 22% lower mortality rate than non-volunteers)
- Combats depression
- Helps develop emotional intelligence and social awareness
- Encourages emotional connections through social interaction
- Increases self-confidence
- Fosters a sense of purpose and self-esteem
- Enables a solid support system
Looking for Pro Bono Opportunities?
Success Through Service: Utah Diploma Privilege Candidates Devote Time to Help Utah's Public Through Pro Bono Work
Stories of Success Through Service
Learn more about providing pro bono work through Utah Legal Services.
Learn how doing pro bono work for The Timpanogos Legal Center helps diploma privilege candidates serve the community while sharpening their legal skills.